The biggest difference between the House Weight Loss Plan and Declutter to Downsize is the price. The House Weight Loss Plan is free and the Declutter to Downsize Challenge is not.
Other than that…here are the differences…
About The House Weight Loss Plan:
- Yes, it’s 100% free. If you ever want to upgrade and join the Declutter to Downsize Challenge, just let me know.
- It’s a community of other baby boomers on the group Facebook page: (www.facebook.com/groups/downsizingbabyboomers/)
- Every Monday I will post the focus for the week – there is no specific daily task assigned
- You’ll be eliminating things in your house that you no longer want and need and it will make you feel good about yourself
- This version is not goal-related – so it’s for baby boomers that just want to eliminate some stuff
- There is no commitment and you will be happy to get out of it whatever you put into it
- You can post your thoughts, feelings, funny stories, and challenges on the community page
For more information about the House Weight Loss Plan, click here.
About The Declutter to Downsize Challenge 2021:
- It’s $197 for the year – that’s 12 months of guided decluttering to be able to downsize – which breaks down to $16.42 a month or $4.10 a week. I promise that will come back to you over the course of the year.
- There is a Private Group Facebook page for others going through the Challenge along with you
- It’s a monthly focus with a calendar of daily tasks assigned – so you don’t have to think about what you’re going to do today, you just have to do the work
- This is for baby boomers who have specific goals – you are on a mission to get through your things by the end of 2021 so you’ll be ready to move in 2022 or when the time comes
- You are 100% committed to getting the results you want by the end of 2021 no matter what it takes
- By the end of 2021, you should have touched everything in your house. This will be an added relief for those of you who are ready to live your next chapter somewhere other than where you are currently living.
Here’s what you’ll get when you join. You will:
- Receive your Welcome Packet that you will complete before starting the challenge
- Get to identify your decluttering personality – yes you have one!!!
- Discover the best way to plan your own journey based on your house and your possessions
- Learn that decision making will come easier as you progress through the program
- Be able to estimate how long each room should take you to get through
- Master the fastest and best method to declutter any room systematically
- Know exactly what to do when you feel overwhelmed and get stuck
- Find out the 3 major things you should never do when decluttering your life
- Discover how to use your decluttering time to get the fastest results
- Figure out how to get through this if more than one of you in the house are participating
- Understand why it’s so hard to part with your sentimental personal possessions and what to do about it
- Much, much more!
In addition, each month, you’ll receive: (prior to the 1st of the month)
- Your monthly calendar with your daily to-dos and task sheet
- Monthly message from Melinda – best practices and how to address this month’s challenge
For more information about the Declutter to Downsize Challenge 2021 or to sign up, click here.
The Real Difference Between the House Weight Loss Plan and Declutter to Downsize
There’s one thing for sure. If you’re a baby boomer and not living in a house where you can stay forever, you will probably have a move in your future. It’s up to you if you’ll be ready to make that move. If you don’t feel like doing the work now, you’re certainly not going to feel like it a year from now.
So, the real difference between the House Weight Loss Plan and Declutter to Downsize is with Declutter to Downsize, you will get it done if you do the work. I give you the plan and if you are committed, you’ll be through your house by the end of 2021.
Who’s Going to Do This if You Don’t?
Furthermore, if you don’t do this and you have to move for some sudden reason, who will help you? Do they know that? And will you be ok with someone else making decisions for you?
For those very reasons I made the decision to move while I still could. I wanted to get settled in, on my terms. Knowing what I wanted to keep was important to me. I had life-changing decisions to make. Plus I never, ever want to be a burden on my kids.
In addition, your life is your responsibility. Don’t expect someone else to bail you out. Do this because you want to. Don’t leave this for your kids or your loved ones.
Years ago, I remember when I was freaking out the night before my move. I told my son that I couldn’t do it. He looked at me and said, “If you don’t do this, who’s going to?” He was on crutches from a motorcycle accident earlier that day and my mom was living in my family room and using a walker.
At that moment, I knew I had to get my sh** together. He was right. The movers were coming at 8 a.m. and I was nowhere close to being ready. After all, I’d spent a good portion of the day before my move at the emergency room and then there was my mom. But you put on your big girl panties and do what you have to do.
Solving Problems for People’s Needs
Over the years, I’ve solved problems for many people based on what they told me they wanted and needed. As a result, I’ve created businesses and systems to meet their wants and needs. From My 5 Year Plan to the Model Home Look, they all came about because of people’s needs.
Needless to say, everything I teach people about the Declutter to Downsize system, I have gone through myself. What I’ve found in 34 years of selling real estate and 15 years of working with home staging and downsizing clients, the people who are motivated and on a mission, want me to tell them exactly what to do. They say things like…
“Just give me a list of what to do and I’ll get it done.”
Back in 2008, I created my Move Management System based on the fact that people wanted a list. That system begins with an in-home consultation that starts at $195 and goes to $595 depending on the degree of accountability you want and need. People pay it all day long to have an exact plan to get from where they are to where they want to be.
By taking all of my systems and personal experiences and creating an online version for people, the Declutter to Downsize System, will eventually be able to help more baby boomers. Everybody wants the magic pill or the system to get through their stuff faster, more efficiently and with less stress than they can do on their own. Believe me, it’s never a fun process and the faster you can get through it, the happier you will be.
Still to Come in 2021
Consequently, we are currently working on a DIY Declutter to Downsize Workbook, a 90 day Boot Camp, a 180 day Intensive and much more. We are here to serve the baby boomers that want and need to move because they have dreams to fulfill, they want to embrace new adventures and create long lasting memories. Or maybe they just want to settle in to their forever home like I did and be free to live life large while they still can!
No matter where you’re at in your journey, both the House Weight Loss Plan and Declutter to Downsize will start the journey. Just do something!
Join the free group Facebook community at www.facebook.com/groups/downsizingbabyboomers/ or sign up for the Declutter to Downsizing Challenge 2021 here.
For more information, call or text Melinda at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here.