It’s spring break and if you’re anything like me and not taking a break, here are some simple yet effective tips to jump-start your spring cleaning.
Granted not everyone likes to clean but a couple of times a year it’s necessary to tackle some big projects. So whether you hire it done or you are the cleaning lady, make a list this week of 5 things you should do around your house and get busy.
5 ideas to jump-start your spring cleaning
- Wipe down your kitchen cabinets and appliances – whether you have painted or stained cabinets, they can get pretty grungy after a few weeks. Use a good cleaner or lemon oil and wipe down the outsides of all your cabinets. Clean your knobs and pulls as well. Then tackle your appliances. Take your stove apart, clean the oven and do the same with your refrigerator.
- Clean your baseboards all through your house. This includes moving the furniture away from the walls and getting behind there. If you have pets, you’ll be surprised how much pet hair is trapped.
- Wash your throw rugs, furniture throws and store them away for spring and summer.
- Shampoo your carpets or have them professionally cleaned. If you need a referral to a professional carpet cleaner, contact me here.
- Open your windows and let some fresh air in and stale air out. Clean your window sills and wipe down your blinds – one slat at a time.
Those are the 5 things I do every year. You can copy from me or create your own 5 projects to jump-start your spring cleaning. Either way, keeping your home clean is not only good for your health but your house will love you for it as well.
Once you get these big things out of the way, the rest of the spring cleaning will naturally fall into place.
The faster you get this done, the more time you will have for fun stuff. What will you do to reward yourself for a job well done? I’m having lunch with friends, making a carrot cake with my granddaughter, Brooklyn, and vintage shopping, of course.
If you have any questions, you can call or text me at (913) 515-3250 or contact me here.