The Baby Boomers Guide to the House Weight Loss Plan
The House Weight Loss Plan is for you if you are a baby boomer and your house needs to lose some weight. Especially after Covid, you probably aren’t entertaining like you were or you are doing it on a more limited basis.
First of all, you may not be going out as much as you were and probably need fewer clothes. In addition, you have multiples of things you’ll never ever use again. Wouldn’t it be great to start preparing for your next move and your 3rd chapter in life?
I’ve been on a mission for the last 12 years to help baby boomers downsize their homes. But it wasn’t until October 2020 that I decided to take it online versus only offering in person consultations. I am in the process of turning my entire, Move Management System, from my real estate business into an online version that will serve all baby boomers – no matter where they are in their journey to declutter their lives to downsize their homes.
The House Weight Loss Plan
This is an easy house weight loss plan to eliminate some extra pounds from your home. It follows the master plan of the Declutter to Downsize Challenge but without the specific daily things to do or accountability. You will be your own project manager.
After receiving the task each week, you can choose to do it or not. After all, you’re not making a commitment so some weeks you’ll participate, other weeks you won’t. But be sure to check in every Monday with the Facebook Group to see if the task is something you want to do.
- It’s a FREE community for baby boomers – specifically a group Facebook page – you can sign up here: (www.facebook.com/groups/downsizingbabyboomers/)
- Just getting started eliminating your things will make you feel really great!
- This version is not goal-related – so there’s no pressure. You just want to eliminate some of the stuff you have.
- Since there is no commitment, you will be happy to get out of it whatever you put into it
- The weekly to-dos will be posted every Monday on the Facebook group page
- You’ll be able to share your challenges and funny stories with the community!
- Or you can just check in to see what other people are going through
- This is an awesome place to start your journey
Decluttering Your Life
Decluttering your life to downsize your home can be an overwhelming task for most people. Can you do this on your own? Absolutely! But just like anything that’s hard to do, most people get overwhelmed with the mere thought of it. It’s like going on a diet – easy to start and hard to stick with. It’s nothing the average person wants to tackle every day and yet most people need to if they have plans on moving.
Take a quick walk through your house and ask yourself:
- Does your house need to lose some weight?
- If something happened tomorrow and you had to move, what would you do? No burn the house down answers here.
- Will you do the work?
- Are you physically capable of doing what it’s going to take?
- Are you committed to living a simpler life?
It’s Totally Up to You – But For Goodness Sake, Please Do Something!
I don’t know about you but I had to help both of my parents move from where they were when they couldn’t live on their own anymore. It usually comes with an emergency situation. As baby boomers, we only have a few good years left. Sadly, that’s the truth. I’m one of the optimistic baby boomers that believes I’ll live forever. And I may. But I did the hard work, while I still could, on my own. Now, I am living large in my 800 square foot forever home – forever until the day they take me away.
Above all else, decluttering your life doesn’t mean becoming a minimalist. It means weeding out the things you no longer want or need. I have a house full of my favorite things surrounding me. But my kids know where the important documents are, what I want to take with me should I have to live in an even smaller space and the rest is fluff. Therefore, they won’t need to spend any time looking through things. It’s all right there ready for them to grab and go.
That’s what I want for you. To get rid of everything that you no longer want, need or love. When it’s all fluff, it’s much easier on those you love. The House Weight Loss Plan can help you get started.
It’s your life and your stuff. Do something in 2021 to make it easier on yourself, your loved ones and to simplify your life as you live the best years you still have ahead of you.
Want to Know More?
For more information about Declutter to Downsize, check it out here.
If you have any questions, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or text Melinda at (913) 515-3250 to set up a FREE 15 minute phone conversation. I love helping other baby boomers live large in a small space!